IT professionals’ play a huge role in workplace collaboration – which will improve with the overall business objectives, and increase productivity within the teams. By collaboration, it is important to have an open communication either through virtual communication tools or regularly in person collaboration sessions. This will help promote a positive and creative working environment.
There are 6 quick ways to Increase Workplace Collaboration
- Utilize wireless presentation technology: Weekly collaboration sessions are recommended between team members. These weekly collaborate sessions can be an overview of tasks for the week or sharing best practices which will take 10-15 minutes. These sessions should be quick, where no one should be fumbling with cables – therefore, using a wireless presentation solution can make the progress seamless and easy.
- Create a creative environment: The most innovative workplace environments are those where teams members feel like their voice can be heard. Make sure your workplace is an environment that encourages the voicing and sharing of ideas.
- Lead by example: If you make the effort to work with the guys in marketing, or some other function in the business, your teams will be more inclined to work in the same way too. Demonstrate you are a leader.
- Know your colleagues: The better you get along with your colleagues, the easier it is to work with them. It’s a simple rule to follow, but the more time you spend getting along with your colleagues personally the more over time you are sure to be rewarded professionally.
- Set your expectations and clearly communicate them: It always helps a team especially remote teams if they know what is expected of them. Rather than let your teams drift along, make it clear what you expect of them. Tell them you want them to collaborate with one another!
- Reward collaboration: If as a manager you see collaboration taking place between colleagues, celebrate it! Highlight the successes that collaboration has brought the company, and tell people how they are adding value. Remind individuals that ultimately they will be rewarded where they want rewarding most – in their pocket.
Hopefully, it has made you think about the ways in which you can become a more collaborative colleague too.